OK folks, here's a level editor edition!
Here's a version I've been building up, but haven't yet built any more levels for, yet!
Slightly Better - Level Editor Edition (only 016-JNKPlat08.nds is included!)
1. Ice on floors. Platdude skids across, rather than stops, wherever there's ice.
2. Faster darts. There's 2 dart blocks in the editor. The left hand ones will shoot every 180 frames, right will shoot every 90..!
3. Faster Plungers. There's 2 plungers.. Red = slow, Green = faster.
4. Blocks on Plungers. If you drop a block on a plunger, it'll remove the plunger, but also make the switch, making for permanent switches.
5. Conveyor Belts. They make you move!!!
6. Blocks on Belts. Blocks shift along on belts. Note.. Moving blocks aren't considered solid objects.. So you can usually run through blocks on belts! Bizarre.. But f'k it! They will smush you if you're between a wall and one, though!
7. Blinky Blinky Blobs!..! Stick down a blinky blinky blob, and it occasionally blinks between being a floor and not being a floor!
Timing's very very hard.
Draw a line of blinky blinky blobs, and you'll notice a pattern. Draw a full line of them, and a stream of floor will appear to move side to side.. Draw about 5 or 6 in a row, and you get a nice, challenging, occasional bridge to cross at the right time..
Blinky Blinky Blob Bridges move at the same pace Platdude runs.
Oh, and Flamethrowers.
So, make levels, submit them, and just like nyarla ("Magnetic Robot Shavings") you can have a batch of levels right there in the compiled edition of the game! Wootsocks! Jay makes a note that he should insert author names into packs!
Just include a nice enough pack, and a decent title for it... And/or a couple of random levels for the random pack.
You've got 1 week to do it.
I'll release the next proper edition next week..