GnuboyGX is a port for the Nintendo Gamecube and Nintendo Wii (running in GC mode) of the open-source Gnuboy emulator, originally coded by Laguna and Gilgamesh. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnuboy
This port is based on the last 1.0.4 CVS source, released by Joshua_ from EFNet #gameboy: http://www.netaxs.com/~gevaryah/gnuboy-1.0.4pre.tar.bz2
This has nothing to do with the previous GX port as it doesn't need GCLinux to run, only load the DOL into your console using various methods and have fun !
- Gameboy and Gameboy Color emulation with sound
- DVD & SDCARD support for rom loading
- support for 8MB roms
What's missing (work in progress):
- a nice GUI (for this wip, I quickly copypasted SMSPlus Gui sources)
- SRAM, Savestate and RTC loading/saving support
- User Configurable emulator options (to replace original .rc files support)
Play Game : Run the game you just loaded or return to game
Reset Game: Reset emulator
Load from DVD: DVD must be ISO9660
Load from SDCARD: Roms must be placed in a directory named GBROMS
On DVD or SDCARD, the maximum number of files per directory is 1000. You CAN use subdirectories.
Stop DVD Motor: save the DVD Lens life
SD/PSO reload: if you used SDLOAD to load the DOL, come back to SDLOAD menu
Options & STATE Managment are not yet functionnal.
- Z Button let you come back to the menu when playing a game
- A is Button A
- B is Button B
- START is START Button
- X is SELECT Button
Thanks to Sofdtev for the generic libogc porting & GUI display sourcecode !