Project name: Glubies Planet
Division: NDS GAME
Original submission: YES
Support for Motion Card: NO
In last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10: NO
Glubies Planet is an action/reflexion game on Nintendo DS. Glubies are little and cute creatures, but they are so stupid!
You have to guide some Glubies through several levels with the help of a couple of items and solve some of the puzzles needed to reach the goal.
The gameplay takes place in 2 phases:
The reflexion phase, in which you analyse the level and place some objects to help your creatures.
The action phase, in which you use the properties of your objects to reach the exit with the more glubies as possible.
Solve the enigmas ! Get through the ravines and avoid the traps !
In this alpha versio, you can play the first 11 levels.
Synaptic is the world leader in the pharmaceutic field.
Its last top-secret research is about to revolution the medecine, glubies are born. Glubies are the product of the fusion between organic cells and high performances nanorobots. The properties of cells such as antibodies, added to the nanorobots intelligence, make the cell healing factor multiply by 1000 ! Recent studies show that glubies could heal every known desease!
The creatures (of size of a millionth of millimeter), are stored on a mini robotic planet specially build for that, the Glubb planet. Young promising neurosciences scientist, you just become part of the team. One night, fallen asleep at your desk, you are waking up by the lab alarm. You run inside just in time too see a shadow silhouette run off. Few… Luckily, the planet was not stolen and is still in its force field. But ?... Where are the glubies ??!! Crossing the planet surface with the computer help, you find that an unknown IT virus attacked the system and that it killed more than 90% of the glubies global population ! Quick! No time to loose ! You need to save the survivors and find out how to stop that evil program…
Download Glubies Planet DS Alpha 1.25 version here.
- For Slot-1 Linkers : Copy the "GlubiesPlanetDS_alpha1.25.nds" file on your linker.
- Emulator Version : Use No$gba to run the "GlubiesPlanetDS_alpha1.25_emu.nds" file. Select "opengl" in "3D renderer" emulator setup.
Glubies Planet is optimized to be executed on a SuperCard DS One. So it works very well with this linker.
We also know that the game works with a R4 if you use YS Menu.
With other linkers, you could have some troubleshooting, like black screen or non working stylus. We work on these problems to find a issue quickly.
- D-pad or A, B, X and Y buttons : move the camera
- Stylus : select/place/rotate an object, select/drag a Gluby
- Select : retry the current level
- Start : Pause menu
Website and more infos:
03/19/2009 - Alpha 1.25
- Added menu to keep placed items after retrying a level
- Added stats screen when the player win a level
- Added intro splash screen for NEO Compo Spring 2009
- Enhanced stylus detection when objects and Glubies rotate
02/13/2009 - Alpha 1.2
- Added language selection menu
- Added english translation
- Added language auto detect
- Added profil name auto detect
- Added the "select" button to retry the current level
- Added the level 11
- Fixed savegame bug
- Fixed orientable objects icons bug
- Updated "Jumper" pushing properties : 1 height unit and 1 forward unit
- Updated level 8, 9 and 10 according to new "Jumper" properties
- Updated level 8 to be easier
01/13/2009 - Alpha 1.1
First public version of the game.