November 26th, 2012, 14:21 Posted By: wraggster
This is an enhanced port of Genesis Plus, an open-source & portable Sega Mega Drive / Genesis emulator, originally developed by Charles MacDonald, now running on Gamecube and Wii through libogc & devkitpro.
The source code, initially based on Genesis Plus 1.3, has been heavily modified, with respect to initial goals and design, in order to improve accuracy of emulation, implementing new features and adding support for extra peripherals, cartridges & systems hardware.
The result is that Genesis Plus GX provides very accurate emulation of supported systems and 100% compatibility with Genesis / Mega Drive, Sega/Mega CD, Master System, Game Gear & SG-1000 game libraries (including all unlicensed or pirate known dumps), also supporting backwards compatibility modes when available.
Last but not least, it comes with plenty of exciting features and options that have nothing to envy to your most favorite PC emulators and makes this emulator the most faithful experience for any Sega 8/16-bit fans.
* added default TOC for Shadow of the Beast II (prevent hangs when audio tracks are missing)
* fixed CD-DA fader muting
* fixed PCM channels panning on reset
* fixed backup RAM file management when using disc swap with Mode 1 cartridge
* incremented CD drive read latency: fixes Space Adventure Cobra (freeze when opening coffin at 2nd morgue scene)
* improved CDD emulation accuracy: fixes Snatcher (freeze at the end of Act 2) & various CD player bugs
* improved MAIN-SUB memory map mirroring in SCD mode (verified on real hardware by Charles McDonald)
* implemented cycle-accurate "stopwatch" register emulation
* fixed broken PSG noise frequency
* fixed incorrect Game Gear PSG stereo emulation
* implemented cycle-accurate Game Gear PSG stereo
* fixed broken VDP DMA from SVP ROM latency (graphic errors in Virtua Racing)
* added Super Mario World 64 (unlicensed) cartridge hardware emulation
* added automatic detection for CD games with Justifier/Menacer support
* improved Justifier/Menacer emulation
* fixed screen rendering when borders are disabled
* added configurable on-screen CD leds
* DVD light now indicates when virtual CD tray is open
* fixed automatic input settings detection
* improved lightgun crosshair positionning
Download and Give feedback via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here