Posted By: wraggster
Eke-Eke just posted this fantastic news on his site and yes the first Native Genesis/Megadrive emulator for the Wii (Gamecube too) and most importantly of all the worlds first console based emulator to run Virtua Racing
DIGG THIS RELEASE
Here’s the time for another release of Genesis Plus. I have focused myself in fixing some bugs I introduced in the previous version, as well as emulating most of unlicensed “non-working” games (many thanks to Haze for his work).
I also made some progress about emulating an original YM2612 bug that made some games (Ariel, Shaq Fu, Comix Zone, Spiderman & Animated Series,…) sound correct on real hardware but wrong on emulators.
Finally, I added SVP emulation thanks to the great work of Tasco Deluxe and Notaz : as a result, Virtua Racing is now fully playable but don’t expect to run it full speed in gamecube mode. It needs to emulate a custom DSP running at 23Mhz which takes a lot of CPU time actually. You can still underclock the DSP but it will result in slower 3D rendering and effective framerate will still seem slower.
That’s why, to celebrate the last release of LibOGC which added Wii hardware support, I also release a special elf version that could be running in native Wii mode using the recent “Twilight hack“. Please note that this version remain completely UNTESTED as I personnaly don’t have any way to test it on Wii. SO, tell me if the above game is at least running faster
Here is a complete changelog for this release:
- added SVP emulation: Virtua Racing is now emulated (big thanks to Notaz and TascoDeluxe)
- fixed VDP registers behaviour when VDP Mode 4 is enabled: fix Bass Masters Classic Pro, Captain Planet & The Planeeters
- corrected a bug in DMA Fill operation: fix James Pond 3, Rockman World/Megaman Willy Wars (corrupted VRAM)
- corrected typo errors in CPU cycle counters update: fix optiom screen music in “College Slam” and probably others games.
- added preliminary support of undocumented YM2612 bug: fixes soundtracks of Shaq Fu, Spiderman, Comix Zone, Ariel and some others
- added support for mappers & copy protection devices used in many unlicensed/pirate cartridges (see cart_hw.c for details)
- rewrote memory handlers for better modularity and some (little) speedup
- reduced Savestate size
- compiled with last LibOGC (20080228): fix issues when unplugging controller, support for Wii mode (see release.txt)
- added “hard-coded” IPL font (no more direct access to BOOTROM): fix font problem for Qoob users
- added SDCARD Slot B support for loading Roms
- removed unused MAME PSG Core
- added ‘Force DTACK’ option for prototype games usually hanging on real hardware (example: Sonic Crackers)
- added an option to underclock SVP core (with default cycle count, Virtua Racing actually does not run fullspeed in GC mode)
Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments