Posted By: wraggster
ttsuras has released a new version of his rather long named game for the DS:
Heres whats new:
What's new in v0.2.4:
* Key presses don't affect the plane while the player is configuring the keys.
* Made the mines larger, and now it's possible to shoot the mines.
* Added initial radar/map screen.
* Halved the damage in plane-to-plane collisions.
* Normal missiles do bigger holes.
* Once again shrunk the plane graphics, enlarged the level graphics to make the levels appear larger.
* Slowed down the heat seeking missiles a little, made them less agile, and added more random to their turning.
* The planes consume much less gas than before.
* Press L+R while the game boots to skip the loading of the saved configuration.
* Machine gun makes smaller holes.
* Added collectable items (machine gun boost, health and gas) that respawn.
* It's possible to boost the machine gun two times, from normal to heavy cannon, and from heavy cannon to laser gun by collecting the machine gun boost icons.
* By pressing down the both acceleration keys, the plane does super turbo (and consumes even more gas).
* Special weapon auto selection (when ammo runs out) can be toggled on and off in the game configuration menu screen.
* Random number generator is reseeded every time a level is reset.
* Pause works only while the client is not connected to a server.
* If a client timed out while connected to a server, but no game had been started, the client couldn't reconnect.
* Clients drop the connection when server timeouts (and the user can configure the server timeout threshold in the client).
* Gravity now affects the planes more, when turned on.
* The planes accelerate slower in space flight mode.
* Decreased the stack usage.
* Optimized bullet drawing (less overhead on the 3D hardware).
* Gravity is now calculated using the weights of the planes.
Jaakko failed to produce new usable graphics during all this time, and I had to draw the
collectable icons. Markus didn't get the airports to work 100% so I had to comment
them out from the code. Anyway, it could be that I'll be doing more GFX in the future to
get things done. Expect that v0.2.5 will have new multiplayer modes, new weapons, and
more GFX, and v0.2.5 should come out in two weeks.
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments