Posted By: wraggster
News/release from Raphi2
I have released my first "help-you" app for PAlib.
It called "DSMenuR2" and helps you with the creating of a menu for games or apps.
DSMenuR2 is a example of a menu for DS homebrew games and applications.
Perfect PAlib programmers understand this example directly but newbies may need a tutorial.
Well, it is here:
If you run the "dsmenur2.nds" with an emulator you see 3 buttons. Any of them includes an different arrangement / layout of icons.
You can edit all the templates in the examples.
It is very easy:
1. Open the DSMenuR2 folder an open the source folder. Now you can see the gfx-folder and the "main.c".
If you are a newbie, you should not open and edit it.
Easily open the "gfx" folder. Now you see many image files.
2. Start with opening the "titlescreen" image.
Simply edit it with Paint or other drawing-programs.
3. Draw a nice image for you topscreen of your menu.
But you can not use all colours. (256-colours rules)
4. If you are ready with your drawing click "save" or "save as..." But NEWER rename it.
The new image MUST have the old name!
5. Well, now run the "PAGFX.exe"
6. Go back into the DSMenuR2 folder and run the "built.bat".
You get your *.nds file.
7. Let's test your new titlescreen!
Simply open the .nds file with an emulator and now you have your new titlescreen!
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments