Posted By: wraggster
More news from the CnCDS Project:
I’ve been working ‘under the hood’ a bit. I want to continue work in the weapons code but I’ve been ‘forced’ to rework the debug system and do some research on path-finding. This is good because I’d have to of done it at some point anyway but I didn’t want to do it now because it’s not contributing directly to the next game ROM release. Sorry guys! The research on path finding has been very interesting though because I’ve confirmed some of my earlier ideas (as unoriginal as they are) will work. I’ve prototyped them out and they seem to do what I expected. The debug system changes will be totally transparent to you guys but will help prevent memory fragmentation and save some precious RAM
Anyway I got the laser beam actually attacking now, but the next step is reload times. I’ve got a system outlined that should let me define all sorts of interesting firing/reloading patterns. Can’t wait to show you!