May 1st, 2019, 21:45 Posted By: wraggster
- Another update has just been released for @SciresM's Atmosphère CFW, bumping up its version number to 0.8.9! Aside from the usual bugfixes, the update also brings a couple of new interesting additions that are worth pointing out.
First of all, a reboot timer was added to the fatal screen. This feature is optional and is turned off by default, however it can be enabled by setting fatal_auto_reboot_interval to a non-zero value in atmosphere\system_settings.ini. If set, the system will wait the specified amount of milliseconds on the fatal screen and reboot automatically once the timer runs out. Secondly, Atmosphère now includes a reimplementation of the spl and ro system modules. The latter is what most end user will be interested about, as it includes an extension that adds support for IPS/IPS32 patches for NROs. As such, making and distributing patches will become easier thanks to it: modders rejoice!
If you're curious, you can find the full changelog below:
- A number of bugs were fixed, including:
- A data abort was fixed when mounting certain partitions on NAND.
- All Stratosphère system modules now only maintain a connection to sm when actively using it.
- This helps mitigate the scenario where sm hits the limit of 64 active connections and crashes.
- This sometimes caused crashes when custom non-Atmosphère sysmodules were active and the user played certain games (ex: Smash's Stage Builder).
- fatal now uses the 8.0.0+ clkrst API, instead of silently failing to adjust clock rates on that firmware version.
- A wait loop is now performed when trying to get a session to sm, in the case where sm: is not yet registered.
- This fixes a race condition that could cause a failure to boot under certain circumstances.
- libstratosphere's handling of domain object closing has been improved.
- Previously, this code could cause crashes/extremely odd behavior (misinterpreting what object a service is) under certain circumstances.
- An optional automatic reboot timer was added to fatal.
- By setting the system setting atmosphere!fatal_auto_reboot_interval to a non-zero u64 value, fatal can be made to automatically reboot after a certain number of milliseconds.
- If the setting is zero or not present, fatal will wait for user input as usual.
- Atmosphère now provides a reimplementation of the ro system module.
- ro is responsible for loading dynamic libraries (NROs) on 3.0.0+.
- On 1.0.0-2.3.0, this is handled by loader.
- Atmosphere's ro provides this functionality (ldr:ro, ro:dmnt) on all firmware versions.
- An extension was implemented to provide support for applying IPS patches to NROs.
- All patches at paths like /atmosphere/nro_patches/<user-defined patch name>/<Hex Build-ID for NRO to patch>.ips will be applied, allowing for easy distribution of patches.
- Both the IPS and IPS32 formats are supported.
- Atmosphère now provides a reimplementation of the spl system module.
- spl (Secure Platform Services) is responsible for cryptographic operations, including all communications with the secure monitor (exosphère).
- In the future, this may be used to provide extensions to the API for interacting with exosphère from userland.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
Click to expand...
One last thing worth mentioning is that fusee-primary was updated with this version. Remember to update it too if you're using it to boot Atmosphère!
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here