September 4th, 2009, 00:16 Posted By: wraggster
News/release from DekuTree64
Yet another little art program for DS.
The controls are explained in the program, but here are the basic features:
- 2 layers ("BG" and "Top"). BG gets copied over when you create a new frame, so you can have a persistent background, or modify it as you go.
- 60 color palette, which can all be modified.
- Brush size up to 16 pixels, with optional pressure sensitivity.
- Up to 10000 frames, or until memory runs out.
- Undo/redo. Up to 32 levels, or until it fills its 128KB buffer.
- Onion skinning.
- Copy/paste (currently only copies full layers).
- Zoom up to 16x.
NEW in v1.5
- Onion skinning can now be turned on for previous frame, next frame, or both.
- Onion skinning works while zoomed in.
- Added halftone brushes.
- Added 16x zoom level.
- Added Merge Layers button, to combine both layers into one.
- Added page buttons to save/load menu, so you can now use up to 100 slots.
- Added Up/X tool selection. You can now switch between Fill, Eraser, and Dropper.
Changes for 1.5b
- Preview is now loaded one frame at a time, to reduce memory usage (this was effectively cutting the maximum animation size in half).
Things I'd like to add:
- One more layer.
- Less stylus jumping.
- A Mario Paint style music sequencer.
- Playing a wav/mp3/etc. file along with the animation.
- Recording a sound track with the microphone.
- Save calibration settings to a config file.
Feel free to add to the list, or to vote for which of the ones on there that you'd like to see first.
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 2 comments - Join In and Discuss Here