October 28th, 2018, 16:15 Posted By: wraggster
StapleButter has released version 0.7 of "melonDS", a Nintendo DS Emulator for Windows and Linux:
Or atleast starting to do so. There isn't a lot in this release, but hey, we have to start somewhere.
Atleast, The Spark is back, somewhat. So I guess we can take melonDS somewhere.
Not a lot of novelty visually speaking, so there will only be one screenshot:
[fancypants side-by-side shito courtesy StapleGirl]
Except, if you look closely, the bottom border of the blue platform thing.
Fixed a small bug regarding shadows and antialiasing, that caused that.
What else? Miscellaneous fixes. melonDS shouldn't crash randomly when closing it anymore. And other things.
Oh, and savestates. Which were one of the popular demands, and which are finally brought to you.
Here is the outline of our implementation:
• 8 savestate slots, which are per-game. Savestate files are stored in the same place as save files.
• 'Undo state load' will revert to the state from right before loading a savestate. For example, if you loaded it accidentally.
• In savestate settings: 'Separate savefiles' allows saving to a separate save file after loading a savestate. The separate save file is bound to that savestate slot.
• Shift-Fx to save state, Fx to load state. x = 1 to 8 for regular slots, 9 for using an arbitrary file. F12 to undo the latest state load.
• fix possible crashes when exiting
• wifi: add basic access point melonAP (very beta)
• fix SMULWx/SMLAWx opcodes, fixes Sims 2 music
• add support for loading BIOS/firmware files and config file from AppData or ~/.config/melonds or from the executable directory (hcorion)
• add 32-bit IPCSYNC reads/writes (Dirbaio)
• add savestates
• 3D: (hopefully) fix bug in shadow/AA interaction (visible in the MKDS character select preview, bottom border of the platform thing)
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here