Posted By: wraggster
Sektor has released a new version of Hexen for the Nintendo DS, heres whats new etc:
This is a port of Hexen to the DS. Rich did all the hard work. I just added support for more devices and changed the controls. It has sound and touchscreen support. Save games don't work. You need the retail hexen.wad, it is not compatible with the shareware version. Saves are written to /data/hexen/ but if you try to load them, you will get an error like "Corrupt save game: Segment  failed alignment check".
It uses Chishm's libfat to read the hexen.wad. Libfat is compatible with MK2/3, GBAMPCF, M3CF, M3SD, SCCF, SCSD and NinjaDS. I'm not sure about DS-X.
If you have a G6, EZ4Lite or a 256mbit flashcart then you will need to use the GBFS version. The GBFS version requires the .wad file to be attached to the .nds, rather than stored seperately.
- dpad to turn and move.
- touch screen to look around.
- A button fires.
- Y button jumps.
- L button cycles through inventory.
- R button cycles through weapons.
- X button uses objects (doors, switches)
- X button + dpad to strafe
- B button uses the selected inventory item.
- Select brings up the menu and exits out of it (acts as escape).
- Start selects menu items, or toggles the automap when not in a menu.
- X+Up/Down on dpad flies up/down while in fly mode.
Touch screen sensitivity can be changed in options menu. There is a special ds menu for changing gamma and other ds-specific things (such as level warp and give all cheats).
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments