Nintendo DS Emulation NEWS
for Nintendo DS
Name ScummVM DS
Author Agent Q
Description ScummVM interpreter/emulator for the DS
Download v0.5 20th December 2005
CD audio is supported using IMA-ADPCM compressed WAV files
Direct file system support now works on the M3 and Supercard
An on-screen keyboard to name saves
Interact with the zoomed view by swapping the screens over with X
Zoom in/out by holding L and pressing A or B
Scroll the screen with the pen while holding L
Improved the way the zoomed view follows the talking character
Music support in FM TOWNS games
Sound volume improved, and sound glitching fixed
Left handed mode
Help screen added
D-pad controls in the front end
Numerous other bug fixes
v0.4 28th September 2005
- The top screen now shows a zoomed in view of the action, scrolled to
the character who's speaking
- Large speed increase for Adlib music emulation
- Large speed increase for GBAMP CF card loading
- Closing the lid now puts the DS in sleep mode
- Screens are now the right way round on the latest firmware for the M3
- Savegames now save in the selected folder rather than the root
- Dialog no longer skips when you scroll the screen down as it's playing
- The console no longer appears during gameplay by default, toggle it using
the Y button.
- Implemented screen shake function
V0.3 5th September 2005 Here
Thanks to Zhevon for contributing the Sam & Max cursor code. Changes
in this version:
Full GBA Movie Player support, including save/load. This means full talkie
games are playable!
Rewritten blit operations in assembler, causing a speed increase.
Fixed crashes in Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Added Indiana Jones fight mode. Use the options menu to enable it.
Fixes SRAM clear keypress sometimes not being detected
Prevented temporary saves from being saved to SRAM on flash cart version.
Added alternative controls for Sam and Max. Cursor is displayed on the top
screen, and D-pad right switches modes.
V0.2 23rd August 2005 Here
Right everyone, it's time for an update. First, thank you to everyone who
has donated to ScummVM DS, I greatly appreciate it, and have bought a GBA
MP with the money. So when it arrives, I'll be adding support for it. For
now, here's version 0.2 for you.
Changes in this version:
- Crash bug after playing for a while has been fixed
- All games have a performance boost
- Saves are compressed in SRAM allowing more than one
- Saves don't get lost at random any more
- Engine configuration is saved into SRAM
- Added option to clear SRAM (hold L+R on startup)
- Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis now works
- The sound glitches are reduced
V0.1 15th August 2005 Here
Runs nearly all of Lucasarts' SCUMM games up to and including Sam &
Max Hit the Road
Supports multiple games without reflashing
Supports using the DS touch screen for controls
Suports saving games to compatible flash cards
All games run at pretty much full speed
WMB version Here 31st July 2005 (fixed
Flash Version Here 31st July 2005
(fixed versions updated)
Click 'add game'.
'Select' switches between scaled and unscaled. D-pad to scroll around.
Play the game using the pen.
I should have a version that can play any game you have the data files
for by next week or so.
The Hottest DCEmu Posters